Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Konya Technical University, Konya, Turkey.
Department of Fashion Design, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey.
This paper deals with the Fuzzy Hybrid Flow Shop (FHFS) scheduling inspired by a real apparel process. A Parallel Greedy (PG) algorithm is proposed to solve the FHFS problems with Setup Time (ST) and Lot Size (LS). The fuzzy model is used to define the uncertain setup and Processing Time (PT) and Due Dates (DDs). The setup and PTs are defined by a Triangular Fuzzy Number (TAFN). Also, the Fuzzy Due Date (FDD) is denoted by a doublet. The tardiness, the tardy jobs, the setup and Idle Time (IT), and the Total Flow (TF) time are minimized by the proposed PG algorithm. The effectiveness of the proposed PG algorithm is demonstrated by comparing it with the Genetic Algorithm (GeA) in the literature. A real-world application in an apparel process is done. According to the results, the proposed PG algorithm is an efficient method for FHFS scheduling problems with ST and LS in real-world applications.
- Gupta, J. N. (1988). Two-stage, hybrid flowshop scheduling problem. Journal of the operational research society, 39(4), 359-364.
- Carlier, J., & Neron, E. (2000). An exact method for solving the multi-processor flow-shop. RAIRO-operations research, 34(1), 1-25.
- Arthanary, T. S. (1971). An extension of two machine sequencing problem. Opsearch, 8, 10-22.
- Engin, O., & Döyen, A. (2004). A new approach to solve hybrid flow shop scheduling problems by artificial immune system. Future generation computer systems, 20(6), 1083-1095.
- Tang, L., Liu, W., & Liu, J. (2005). A neural network model and algorithm for the hybrid flow shop scheduling problem in a dynamic environment. Journal of intelligent manufacturing, 16(3), 361-370.
- Zandieh, M., Ghomi, S. F., & Husseini, S. M. (2006). An immune algorithm approach to hybrid flow shops scheduling with sequence-dependent setup times. Applied mathematics and computation, 180(1), 111-127.
- Allaoui, H., & Artiba, A. (2006). Scheduling two-stage hybrid flow shop with availability constraints. Computers & operations research, 33(5), 1399-1419.
- Voß, S., & Witt, A. (2007). Hybrid flow shop scheduling as a multi-mode multi-project scheduling problem with batching requirements: a real-world application. International journal of production economics, 105(2), 445-458.
- Alaykýran, K., Engin, O., & Döyen, A. (2007). Using ant colony optimization to solve hybrid flow shop scheduling problems. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 35(5), 541-550.
- Kahraman, C., Engin, O., Kaya, I., & Kerim Yilmaz, M. (2008). An application of effective genetic algorithms for solving hybrid flow shop scheduling problems. International journal of computational intelligence systems, 1(2), 134-147.
- Liao, C. J., Tjandradjaja, E., & Chung, T. P. (2012). An approach using particle swarm optimization and bottleneck heuristic to solve hybrid flow shop scheduling problem. Applied soft computing, 12(6), 1755-1764.
- Chung, T. P., & Liao, C. J. (2013). An immunoglobulin-based artificial immune system for solving the hybrid flow shop problem. Applied soft computing, 13(8), 3729-3736.
- Li, J. Q., Pan, Q. K., & Wang, F. T. (2014). A hybrid variable neighborhood search for solving the hybrid flow shop scheduling problem. Applied soft computing, 24, 63-77.
- Marichelvam, M. K., Prabaharan, T., & Yang, X. S. (2014). Improved cuckoo search algorithm for hybrid flow shop scheduling problems to minimize makespan. Applied soft computing, 19, 93-101.
- Cui, Z., & Gu, X. (2015). An improved discrete artificial bee colony algorithm to minimize the makespan on hybrid flow shop problems. Neurocomputing, 148, 248-259.
- Akkoyunlu, M. C., Engın, O., & Büyuközkan, K. (2015, May). A harmony search algorithm for hybrid flow shop scheduling with multiprocessor task problems. 2015 6th international conference on modeling, simulation, and applied optimization (ICMSAO)(pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- Engin, O., & Engin, B. (2018). Hybrid flow shop with multiprocessor task scheduling based on earliness and tardiness penalties. Journal of enterprise information management, 31(6), 925-936.
- Engin, B. E., & Engin, O. (2020). A new memetic global and local search algorithm for solving hybrid flow shop with multiprocessor task scheduling problem. SN applied sciences, 2(12), 1-14.
- Sakawa, M., & Mori, T. (1999). An efficient genetic algorithm for job-shop scheduling problems with fuzzy processing time and fuzzy duedate. Computers & industrial engineering, 36(2), 325-341.
- Sakawa, M., & Kubota, R. (2000). Fuzzy programming for multiobjective job shop scheduling with fuzzy processing time and fuzzy duedate through genetic algorithms. European Journal of operational research, 120(2), 393-407.
- Konno, T., & Ishii, H. (2000). An open shop scheduling problem with fuzzy allowable time and fuzzy resource constraint. Fuzzy sets and systems, 109(1), 141-147.
- Chanas, S., & Kasperski, A. (2001). Minimizing maximum lateness in a single machine scheduling problem with fuzzy processing times and fuzzy due dates. Engineering applications of artificial intelligence, 14(3), 377-386.
- Wang, C., Wang, D., Ip, W. H., & Yuen, D. W. (2002). The single machine ready time scheduling problem with fuzzy processing times. Fuzzy sets and systems, 127(2), 117-129.
- Temİz, İ., & Erol, S. (2004). Fuzzy branch-and-bound algorithm for flow shop scheduling. Journal of intelligent manufacturing, 15(4), 449-454.
- Canbolat, Y. B., & Gundogar, E. (2004). Fuzzy priority rule for job shop scheduling. Journal of intelligent manufacturing, 15(4), 527-533.
- Peng, J., & Liu, B. (2004). Parallel machine scheduling models with fuzzy processing times. Information sciences, 166(1-4), 49-66.
- Anglani, A., Grieco, A., Guerriero, E., & Musmanno, R. (2005). Robust scheduling of parallel machines with sequence-dependent set-up costs. European journal of operational research, 161(3), 704-720.
- Petrovic, S., Fayad, C., Petrovic, D., Burke, E., & Kendall, G. (2008). Fuzzy job shop scheduling with lot-sizing. Annals of operations research, 159(1), 275-292.
- Engin, O., & Gözen, Ş. E. R. I. F. E. (2009). Parallel machine scheduling problems with fuzzy processing time and fuzzy duedate: an application in an engine valve manufacturing process. Journal of multiple-valued logic & soft computing, 15(2), 107-123.
- Hu, Y., Yin, M., & Li, X. (2011). A novel objective function for job-shop scheduling problem with fuzzy processing time and fuzzy due date using differential evolution algorithm. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 56(9), 1125-1138.
- Lai, P. J., & Wu, H. C. (2011). Evaluate the fuzzy completion times in the fuzzy flow shop scheduling problems using the virus-evolutionary genetic algorithms. Applied soft computing, 11(8), 4540-4550.
- Balin, S. (2011). Parallel machine scheduling with fuzzy processing times using a robust genetic algorithm and simulation. Information sciences, 181(17), 3551-3569.
- Engin, O., Yilmaz, M. K., Akkoyunlu, M. C., Baysal, M. E., & Sarucan, A. (2012). A greedy algorithm for multiobjective fuzzy flow-shop scheduling problem. In uncertainty modeling in knowledge engineering and decision making(pp. 189-194). Selcuk University Scientific Research Coordination Centre (BAP). https://doi.org/10.1142/9789814417747_0031
- Lei, D. (2012). Co-evolutionary genetic algorithm for fuzzy flexible job shop scheduling. Applied soft computing, 12(8), 2237-2245.
- Lei, D., & Guo, X. (2012). Swarm-based neighbourhood search algorithm for fuzzy flexible job shop scheduling. International journal of production research, 50(6), 1639-1649.
- Engin, O., Yilmaz, M. K., BAYSAL, M., & Sarucan, A. (2013). Solving fuzzy job shop scheduling problems with availability constraints using a scatter search method. Journal of multiple-valued logic & soft computing, 21(3-4) 317-334.
- Wang, L., Zhou, G., Xu, Y., & Liu, M. (2013). A hybrid artificial bee colony algorithm for the fuzzy flexible job-shop scheduling problem. International journal of production research, 51(12), 3593-3608.
- Li, J. Q., & Pan, Y. X. (2013). A hybrid discrete particle swarm optimization algorithm for solving fuzzy job shop scheduling problem. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 66(1), 583-596.
- Li, J. Q., & Pan, Q. K. (2013). Chemical-reaction optimization for solving fuzzy job-shop scheduling problem with flexible maintenance activities. International journal of production economics, 145(1), 4-17.
- Behnamian, J., & Ghomi, S. F. (2014). Multi-objective fuzzy multiprocessor flowshop scheduling. Applied soft computing, 21, 139-148.
- Behnamian, J. (2014). Particle swarm optimization-based algorithm for fuzzy parallel machine scheduling. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 75(5), 883-895.
- Palacios, J. J., González-Rodríguez, I., Vela, C. R., & Puente, J. (2014). Robust swarm optimisation for fuzzy open shop scheduling. Natural computing, 13(2), 145-156.
- Xu, Y., Wang, L., Wang, S. Y., & Liu, M. (2015). An effective teaching–learning-based optimization algorithm for the flexible job-shop scheduling problem with fuzzy processing time. Neurocomputing, 148, 260-268.
- Wang, K., Huang, Y., & Qin, H. (2016). A fuzzy logic-based hybrid estimation of distribution algorithm for distributed permutation flowshop scheduling problems under machine breakdown. Journal of the operational research society, 67(1), 68-82.
- Yuan, F., Xu, X., & Yin, M. (2019). A novel fuzzy model for multi-objective permutation flow shop scheduling problem with fuzzy processing time. Advances in mechanical engineering, 11(4), 1-9.
- Emin Baysal, M., Sarucan, A., Büyüközkan, K., & Engin, O. (2020, July). Distributed fuzzy permutation flow shop scheduling problem: a bee colony algorithm. International conference on intelligent and fuzzy systems(pp. 1440-1446). Springer, Cham.
- Baysal, M. E., Sarucan, A., Büyüközkan, K., & Engin, O. (2022). Artificial bee colony algorithm for solving multi-objective distributed fuzzy permutation flow shop problem. Journal of intelligent & fuzzy systems, 42(1), 439-449.
- Engin, O., & Yılmaz, M. K. (2022). A fuzzy logic based methodology for multi-objective hybrid flow shop scheduling with multi-processor tasks problems and solving with an efficient genetic algorithm. Journal of intelligent & fuzzy systems, 42(1), 451-463.
- İşler, M., & Engin, O. (2021, August). Fuzzy hybrid flow shop scheduling problem: an application. International conference on intelligent and fuzzy systems(pp. 623-630). Springer, Cham.
- Yimer, A. D., & Demirli, K. (2009). Fuzzy scheduling of job orders in a two-stage flowshop with batch-processing machines. International journal of approximate reasoning, 50(1), 117-137.
- Bortolan, G., & Degani, R. (1985). A review of some methods for ranking fuzzy subsets. Fuzzy sets and Systems, 15(1), 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(85)90012-0
- Kane, L., Sidibe, H., Kane, S., Bado, H., Konate, M., Diawara, D., & Diabate, L. (2021). A simplified new approach for solving fully fuzzy transportation problems with involving triangular fuzzy numbers. Journal of fuzzy extension and applications, 2(1), 89-105.
- Kané, L., Diakité, M., Kané, S., Bado, H., Konaté, M., & Traoré, K. (2021). The new algorithm for fully fuzzy transportation problem by trapezoidal fuzzy number (a generalization of triangular fuzzy number). Journal of fuzzy extension and application, 2(3), 204-225.
- Binato, S., Hery, W. J., Loewenstern, D. M., & Resende, M. G. (2002). A GRASP for job shop scheduling. In Essays and surveys in metaheuristics(pp. 59-79). Springer, Boston, MA.
- Aiex, R. M., Binato, S., & Resende, M. G. (2003). Parallel GRASP with path-relinking for job shop scheduling. Parallel computing, 29(4), 393-430.
- Ruiz, R., & Stützle, T. (2007). A simple and effective iterated greedy algorithm for the permutation flowshop scheduling problem. European journal of operational research, 177(3), 2033-2049.
- Baraz, D., & Mosheiov, G. (2008). A note on a greedy heuristic for flow-shop makespan minimization with no machine idle-time. European journal of operational research, 184(2), 810-813.
- Li, X., & Zhao, H. (2009). Greedy algorithm solution of flexible flow shop scheduling problem. IJCSNS, 9(11), 177.
- Kahraman, C., Engin, O., Kaya, I., & Öztürk, R. E. (2010). Multiprocessor task scheduling in multistage hybrid flow-shops: a parallel greedy algorithm approach. Applied soft computing, 10(4), 1293-1300.
- Akgöbek, Ö., Kaya, S., Değirmenci, Ü., & Engin, O. (2011). Parallel greedy metaheuristic algorithm for solving open shop scheduling problem. NWSA eJ. New World Sci. Acad. Eng. Sci., 6(1), 421-427.
- Pan, Q. K., & Ruiz, R. (2014). An effective iterated greedy algorithm for the mixed no-idle permutation flowshop scheduling problem. Omega, 44, 41-50.
- Karabulut, K., & Tasgetiren, M. F. (2014). A variable iterated greedy algorithm for the traveling salesman problem with time windows. Information sciences, 279, 383-395.
- Fernandez-Viagas, V., & Framinan, J. M. (2015). A bounded-search iterated greedy algorithm for the distributed permutation flowshop scheduling problem. International journal of production research, 53(4), 1111-1123.
- Engin, O., Kahraman, C., & Yilmaz, M. K. (2009). A scatter search method for multiobjective fuzzy permutation flow shop scheduling problem: a real world application. In computational intelligence in flow shop and job shop scheduling(pp. 169-189). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Goldberg, D. E. (1989). Genetic algorithms in search, optimization, and machine learning. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc.
- Reeves, C. R. (1995). A genetic algorithm for flowshop sequencing. Computers & operations research, 22(1), 5-13.
- Raja, M. A. Z., Sabir, Z., Mehmood, N., Al-Aidarous, E. S., & Khan, J. A. (2015). Design of stochastic solvers based on genetic algorithms for solving nonlinear equations. Neural computing and applications, 26(1), 1-23.