Document Type : Research Paper
- Nik Muhammad Farhan Hakim Nik Badrul Alam 1
- Ku Muhammad Naim Ku Khalif 2
- Nor Izzati Jaini 2
- Ahmad Syafadhli Abu Bakar 3
- Lazim Abdullah 4
1 Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA Pahang, Bandar Tun Abdul Razak Jengka, Pahang, Malaysia.
2 Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Gambang, Malaysia.
3 Mathematics Division, Centre for Foundation Studies in Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
4 Management Science Research Group, Faculty of Ocean Engineering Technology and Informatics, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Kuala Nerus, 21030 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia.
In fuzzy decision-making, incomplete information always leads to uncertain and partially reliable judgements. The emergence of fuzzy set theory helps decision-makers in handling uncertainty and vagueness when making judgements. Intuitionistic Fuzzy Numbers (IFN) measure the degree of uncertainty better than classical fuzzy numbers, while Z-numbers help to highlight the reliability of the judgements. Combining these two fuzzy numbers produces Intuitionistic Z-Numbers (IZN). Both restriction and reliability components are characterized by the membership and non-membership functions, exhibiting a degree of uncertainties that arise due to the lack of information when decision-makers are making preferences. Decision information in the form of IZN needs to be defuzzified during the decision-making process before the final preferences can be determined. This paper proposes an Intuitive Multiple Centroid (IMC) defuzzification of IZN. A novel Multi-Criteria Decision-Making (MCDM) model based on IZN is developed. The proposed MCDM model is implemented in a supplier selection problem for an automobile manufacturing company. An arithmetic averaging operator is used to aggregate the preferences of all decision-makers, and a ranking function based on centroid is used to rank the alternatives. The IZN play the role of representing the uncertainty of decision-makers, which finally determine the ranking of alternatives.
- Aliev, R. A. (2013). Uncertain preferences and imperfect information in decision making. In fundamentals of the fuzzy logic-based generalized theory of decisions(pp. 89-125). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Aliev, R. A., Guirimov, B. G., Huseynov, O. H., & Aliyev, R. R. (2021). A consistency-driven approach to construction of Z-number-valued pairwise comparison matrices. Iranian journal of fuzzy systems, 18(4), 37-49.
- Sirbiladze, G. (2021). New view of fuzzy aggregations. part I: general information structure for decision-making models. Journal of fuzzy extension and applications, 2(2), 130-143.
- Zadeh, L. A. (1965). Fuzzy sets. Information and control, 8(3), 338-353.
- Bellman, R. E., & Zadeh, L. A. (1970). Decision-making in a fuzzy environment. Management science, 17(4), B-141. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.17.4.B141
- Zadeh, L. A. (1975). The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning—I. Information sciences, 8(3), 199-249.
- Zadeh, L. A. (1975). The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-III. Information sciences, 9(1), 43-80.
- Dubois, D., & Prade, H. (1978). Operations on fuzzy numbers. International journal of systems science, 9(6), 613-626.
- Chen, S. J., & Hwang, C. L. (1992). Fuzzy multiple attribute decision making methods. In fuzzy multiple attribute decision making(pp. 289-486). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Chang, D. Y. (1996). Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP. European journal of operational research, 95(3), 649-655.
- Bhattacharya, J. (2021). Some results on certain properties of intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Journal of fuzzy extension and applications, 2(4), 377-387.
- Atanassov, K. T. (1986). Intuitionistic fuzzy set. Fuzzy sets and systems, 20, 87–97.
- Xue, Y., & Deng, Y. (2021). Decision making under measure-based granular uncertainty with intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Applied intelligence, 51(8), 6224-6233.
- Husain, S., Ahmad, Y., & Alam, M. A. (2012). A study on the role of intuitionistic fuzzy set in decision making problems. International journal of computer applications, 48(0975-888), 35-41.
- Rahman, A. U., Ahmad, M. R., Saeed, M., Ahsan, M., Arshad, M., & Ihsan, M. (2020). A study on fundamentals of refined intuitionistic fuzzy set with some properties. Journal of fuzzy extension and applications, 1(4), 279-292.
- Gautam, S. S., & Singh, S. R. (2016). TOPSIS for multi criteria decision making in intuitionistic fuzzy environment. International journal of computer applications, 156(8), 42-49.
- Wang, C. H., & Wang, J. Q. (2016). A multi-criteria decision-making method based on triangular intuitionistic fuzzy preference information. Intelligent automation & soft computing, 22(3), 473-482.
- Kaur, P. (2014). Selection of vendor based on intuitionistic fuzzy analytical hierarchy process. Advances in operations research, 2014.
- Zadeh, L. A. (2011). A note on Z-numbers. Information sciences, 181(14), 2923-2932.
- Kang, B., Wei, D., Li, Y., & Deng, Y. (2012). A method of converting Z-number to classical fuzzy number. Journal of information &computational science, 9(3), 703-709.
- Kang, B., Wei, D., Li, Y., & Deng, Y. (2012). Decision making using Z-numbers under uncertain environment. Journal of computational information systems, 8(7), 2807-2814.
- Ku Khalif, K. M. N., Gegov, A., & Abu Bakar, A. S. (2017). Hybrid fuzzy MCDM model for Z-numbers using intuitive vectorial centroid. Journal of intelligent & fuzzy systems, 33(2), 791-805.
- Sari, I. U., & Kahraman, C. (2020, July). Intuitionistic fuzzy Z-numbers. International conference on intelligent and fuzzy systems(pp. 1316-1324). Istanbul, Turkey. Springer, Cham. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-51156-2_154
- Arun Prakash, K., Suresh, M., & Vengataasalam, S. (2016). A new approach for ranking of intuitionistic fuzzy numbers using a centroid concept. Mathematical sciences, 10(4), 177-184.
- Wang, F., & Mao, J. (2019). Approach to multicriteria group decision making with Z-numbers based on TOPSIS and power aggregation operators. Mathematical problems in engineering, 2019.