Document Type : Research Paper
1 Department of Management and Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran.
2 Department of Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran.
3 Faculty Member of Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research (ACECR), Tehran, Iran.
4 Department of Logistics, Faculty of Economics, University of Gdańsk, Poland.
In recent years, the high complexity of the business environment, dynamism and environmental change, uncertainty and concepts such as globalization and increasing competition of organizations in the national and international arena have caused many changes in the equations governing the supply chain. In this case, supply chain organizations must always be prepared for a variety of challenges and dynamic environmental changes. One of the effective solutions to face these challenges is to create a resilient supply chain. Resilient supply chain is able to overcome uncertainties and disruptions in the business environment. The competitive advantage of this supply chain does not depend only on low costs, high quality, reduced latency and high level of service. Rather, it has the ability of the chain to avoid catastrophes and overcome critical situations, and this is the resilience of the supply chain. AI and IoT technologies and their combination, called AIoT, have played a key role in improving supply chain performance in recent years and can therefore increase supply chain resilience. For this reason, in this study, an attempt was made to better understand the impact of these technologies on equity by examining the dimensions and components of the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT)-based supply chain. Finally, using nonlinear fuzzy decision making method, the most important components of the impact on the resilient smart supply chain are determined. Understanding this assessment can help empower the smart supply chain.
- Foroozesh, N., Karimi, B., & Mousavi, S. M. (2022). Green-resilient supply chain network design for perishable products considering route risk and horizontal collaboration under robust interval-valued type-2 fuzzy uncertainty: a case study in food industry. Journal of environmental management, 307, 114470. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.114470
- Nozari, H., & Szmelter, A. (Eds.). (2018). Global supply chains in the pharmaceutical industry. IGI Global.
- Alemsan, N., Tortorella, G., Rodriguez, C. M. T., Jamkhaneh, H. B., & Lima, R. M. (2022). Lean and resilience in the healthcare supply chain–a scoping review. International journal of lean six sigma. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJLSS-07-2021-0129
- Zahiri, B., Zhuang, J., & Mohammadi, M. (2017). Toward an integrated sustainable-resilient supply chain: a pharmaceutical case study. Transportation research part E: logistics and transportation review, 103, 109-142.
- Nozari, H., Fallah, M., Kazemipoor, H., & Najafi, S. E. (2021). Big data analysis of IoT-based supply chain management considering FMCG industries. Business informatics, 15(1 (eng)), 78-96.
- Irfan, I., Sumbal, M. S. U. K., Khurshid, F., & Chan, F. T. (2022). Toward a resilient supply chain model: critical role of knowledge management and dynamic capabilities. Industrial management & data systems, 122(5), 1153-1182.
- Moats, M., Alagha, L., & Awuah-Offei, K. (2021). Towards resilient and sustainable supply of critical elements from the copper supply chain: a review. Journal of cleaner production, 307, 127207. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652621014268
- Vugrin, E. D., Warren, D. E., & Ehlen, M. A. (2011). A resilience assessment framework for infrastructure and economic systems: quantitative and qualitative resilience analysis of petrochemical supply chains to a hurricane. Process safety progress, 30(3), 280-290.
- Mohammadi, H., Ghazanfari, M., Nozari, H., & Shafiezad, O. (2015). Combining the theory of constraints with system dynamics: a general model (case study of the subsidized milk industry). International journal of management science and engineering management, 10(2), 102-108.
- Cui, Y. (2015). Improving supply chain resilience with employment of IOT. International conference on multidisciplinary social networks research(pp. 404-414). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Soni, U., & Jain, V. (2011). Minimizing the vulnerabilities of supply chain: a new framework for enhancing the resilience. IEEE international conference on industrial engineering and engineering management(pp. 933-939). IEEE.
- Nahr, J. G., Nozari, H., & Sadeghi, M. E. (2021). Green supply chain based on artificial intelligence of things (AIoT). International journal of innovation in management, economics and social sciences, 1(2), 56-63.
- Aliahmadi, A., Nozari, H., & Ghahremani-Nahr, J. (2022). AIoT-based sustainable smart supply chain framework. International journal of innovation in management, economics and social sciences, 2(2), 28-38.
- Al-Talib, M., Melhem, W. Y., Anosike, A. I., Reyes, J. A. G., & Nadeem, S. P. (2020). Achieving resilience in the supply chain by applying IoT technology. Procedia cirp, 91, 752-757.
- Jain, A., Kushwah, R., Swaroop, A., & Yadav, A. (2021). Role of artificial intelligence of things (AIoT) to combat pandemic COVID-19. In handbook of research on innovations and applications of AI, IoT, and cognitive technologies(pp. 117-128). IGI Global. DOI: 4018/978-1-7998-6870-5.ch008
- Chen, S. W., Gu, X. W., Wang, J. J., & Zhu, H. S. (2021). AIoT used for COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control. Contrast media & molecular imaging, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/3257035
- Bayramova, A., Edwards, D. J., & Roberts, C. (2021). The role of blockchain technology in augmenting supply chain resilience to cybercrime. Buildings, 11(7), 283. https://doi.org/10.3390/buildings11070283
- Ivanov, D., Dolgui, A., Das, A., & Sokolov, B. (2019). Digital supply chain twins: managing the ripple effect, resilience, and disruption risks by data-driven optimization, simulation, and visibility. In Handbook of ripple effects in the supply chain(pp. 309-332). Springer, Cham.
- Tortorella, G., Fogliatto, F. S., Gao, S., & Chan, T. K. (2021). Contributions of industry 4.0 to supply chain resilience. The international journal of logistics management, 33(2), 547-566.
- Belhadi, A., Mani, V., Kamble, S. S., Khan, S. A. R., & Verma, S. (2021). Artificial intelligence-driven innovation for enhancing supply chain resilience and performance under the effect of supply chain dynamism: an empirical investigation. Annals of operations research, 1-26. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10479-021-03956-x
- Liu, C., Ji, H., & Wei, J. (2022). Smart supply chain risk assessment in intelligent manufacturing. Journal of computer information systems, 62(3), 609-621.
- Rajesh, R., & Ravi, V. (2015). Modeling enablers of supply chain risk mitigation in electronic supply chains: A Grey–DEMATEL approach. Computers & industrial engineering, 87, 126-139.
- Nguyen, P. H., Blaauwbroek, N., Nguyen, C., Zhang, X., Flueck, A., & Wang, X. (2017). Interfacing applications for uncertainty reduction in smart energy systems utilizing distributed intelligence. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 80, 1312-1320.
- Poeppelbuss, J., Ebel, M., & Anke, J. (2021). Iterative uncertainty reduction in multi-actor smart service innovation. Electronic markets, 1-29. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12525-021-00500-4
- Sardar, S. K., Sarkar, B., & Kim, B. (2021). Integrating machine learning, radio frequency identification, and consignment policy for reducing unreliability in smart supply chain management. Processes, 9(2), 247. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr9020247
- Silvestre, B. S. (2015). Sustainable supply chain management in emerging economies: environmental turbulence, institutional voids and sustainability trajectories. International journal of production economics, 167, 156-169.
- Hina, S. M., Hassan, G., Parveen, M., & Arooj, S. (2021). Impact of entrepreneurial orientation on firm performance through organizational learning: the moderating role of environmental turbulence. Performance improvement quarterly, 34(1), 77-104.
- Ashby, A., Leat, M., & Hudson‐Smith, M. (2012). Making connections: a review of supply chain management and sustainability literature. Supply chain management: an international journal, 17(5), 497-516.
- Gupta, S., Drave, V. A., Bag, S., & Luo, Z. (2019). Leveraging smart supply chain and information system agility for supply chain flexibility. Information systems frontiers, 21(3), 547-564.
- Novais, L. R., Maqueira, J. M., & Bruque, S. (2019). Supply chain flexibility and mass personalization: a systematic literature review. Journal of business & industrial marketing, 34(8), 1791-1812.
- Sunny, J., Undralla, N., & Pillai, V. M. (2020). Supply chain transparency through blockchain-based traceability: an overview with demonstration. Computers & industrial engineering, 150, 106895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2020.106895
- Mann, S., Potdar, V., Gajavilli, R. S., & Chandan, A. (2018, December). Blockchain technology for supply chain traceability, transparency and data provenance. Proceedings of the 2018 international conference on blockchain technology and application(pp. 22-26). Association for Computing Machinery. New York, NY, United States. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3301403.3301408
- Giannakis, M., Spanaki, K., & Dubey, R. (2019). A cloud-based supply chain management system: effects on supply chain responsiveness. Journal of enterprise information management, 32(4), 585-607.
- Schlüter, F. F., Hetterscheid, E., & Henke, M. (2019). A simulation-based evaluation approach for digitalization scenarios in smart supply chain risk management. Journal of industrial engineering and management science, 2019(1), 179-206.
- Wu, L., Yue, X., Jin, A., & Yen, D. C. (2016). Smart supply chain management: a review and implications for future research. The international journal of logistics management, 27(2), 395-417.
- Constante-Nicolalde, F. V., Pérez-Medina, J. L., & Guerra-Terán, P. (2019, March). A proposed architecture for IoT big data analysis in smart supply chain fields. The international conference on advances in emerging trends and technologies(pp. 361-374). Springer, Cham.
- Fatorachian, H., & Kazemi, H. (2021). Impact of Industry 4.0 on supply chain performance. Production planning & control, 32(1), 63-81.
- Nozari, H., Szmelter-Jarosz, A., & Ghahremani-Nahr, J. (2022). Analysis of the challenges of artificial intelligence of things (AIoT) for the smart supply chain (case study: FMCG Industries). Sensors, 22(8), 2931. https://doi.org/10.3390/s22082931