Document Type : Research Paper
1 Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Commerce, Jordan University, Morogoro, Tanzania.
2 Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, St Augustine University of Tanzania, Mwanza, Tanzan.
3 Department of Mathematics, University of Dar es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzan.
Currently fuzzy set theory has a wide range to model real life problems with incomplete or vague information which perfectly suits the reality and its application is theatrically increasing. This work explored the basic fuzzy operations with the Gaussian Membership using the α-cut method. As it is known that, the Gaussian membership function has a great role in modelling the fuzzy problems this is what impelled to explore its operation which can further be used in analysis of fuzzy problems. Primarily the basic operations which has been discussed here are addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, reciprocal, exponential, logarithmic and nth power.
- Bobillo, F., & Straccia, U. (2013). Aggregation operators for fuzzy ontologies. Applied soft computing, 13(9), 3816-3830.
- Bundy, A., & Wallen, L. (1984). Fuzzy set theory. In Catalogue of artificial intelligence tools (pp. 41-41). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Burke, K., Kendall, G. (2014). Search methodologies: introductory tutorials in optimization and decision support techniques. Springer.
- Dutta, P., Boruah, H., & Ali, T. (2011). Fuzzy arithmetic with and without using α-cut method : a comparative study. International journal of latest trends in computing 2(1), 99–107.
- Hassanzadeh, R., Mahdavi, I., Mahdavi-Amiri, N., & Tajdin, A. (2018). An a-cut approach for fuzzy product and its use in computing solutions of fully fuzzy linear systems. International journal of mathematics in operational research, 12(2), 167–189.
- Iliadis, L., Skopianos, S., Tachos, S., & Spartalis, S. (2010, October). A fuzzy inference system using gaussian distribution curves for forest fire risk estimation. IFIP international conference on artificial intelligence applications and innovations (pp. 376-386). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Mazeika, A., Jaulin, L., & Osswald, C. (2007, July). A new approach for computing with fuzzy sets using interval analysis. 2007 10th International conference on information fusion (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Raju, V., & Jayagopal, R. (2018). An arithmetic operations of icosagonal fuzzy number using Alpha cut. J. Pure Appl. Math, 120(8), 137-145.
- Shirin, S. (2014). Application of fuzzy optimization problem in fuzzy environment. Dhaka university journal of science, 62(2), 119-125.
- Stefanini, L., Sorini, L., Guerra, M. L., Pedrycz, W., Skowron, A., & Kreinovich, V. (2008). Fuzzy numbers and fuzzy arithmetic. Handbook of granular computing, 12, 249-284.
- Sahayasudha, A., & Vijayalakshmi, K. R. (2017). An alpha-cut operation in a transportation problem using symmetric hexagonal fuzzy numbers. International journal of fuzzy logic systems, 7(1), 31-48.
- Tang, J., Wang, D. W., Fung, R. Y., & Yung, K. L. (2004). Understanding of fuzzy optimization: theories and methods. Journal of systems science and complexity, 17(1), 117-136.
- Zadeh, L. A . (1965). Fuzzy set theory. Information and control, 8(3), 338-353.
- Dubois, D., & Prade. H. (1980). Fuzzy sets and systems: theory and applications (Vol. 144). Academic Press.